1.Drones/quadcopters herd and watch cows out the pasture. They can bring them in at the right time, and keep a video stream to watch which cows are in heat.
2.Machine that drives over crop rows and picks weeds with precise mechanical hands. A camera or sensor IDs what the crop is and picks everything else. Grow several kinds of beneficial plants together and have one robot pick everything except those plants
3. Rail system that picks and cleans eggs from chickens as soon as they’re laid.
4. One machine that humanely and perfectly processes chickens. Hardest part would be consistent eviceration,
5. Machine above indoor paddock that moves on xyz axis and can identify when cows need more bedding. It has a supply of bedding on top of the machine, and then as cows move around it comes in a lays bedding so that cows stay as clean and comfortable as possible.,
6. Fencing on wheels so you could move animals around from a computer to a fresh grass paddock. You would have to move water as well. A combination of these things that could bring a permaculture system together to work with machine control and decisions
7. A way to have a hose suspended with solar drones so that a river could feed all the cows in far away fields.
8.The machine milkers that could filter milk coming right from the cow and bottle it right there and put it in a fridge.
9. Before cows enter a parlor, you could take a blood sample to see exactly what nutrients they’re deficient in and then their ID tag could mix the right nutrient solution for them
10. Floors that absorb energy from cow movements to charge batteries
Category Archives: Ideas
10 Ideas – June 16
1. Boeing or Airbus designs electric jets using Tesla patents and tech
2. John Deere making electric/solar tractors.
3. Ducati electric motorcycles.
4. A company where you adopt a shark/whale/dolphin and have a noninvasive camera strapped to its fin. See a livestream of what it sees and track where it moves for yourself.
5. A tsunami from an ocean of mercury. What do tides do if the ocean is mercury?
6. When you’re at a restaurant and someone at the table asks you where the bathroom is, like it’s a challenge to find bathrooms. It’s in the back where they always are.
7. First impressions of people are always jagged but they smooth out quickly as you get to know someone. I think it’s more interesting when you do something a little extreme the first time meeting someone to see how they react. Then smooth things out.
8. Iced mocha with Baileys ice cubes
9. Genetically modify grasses to photosynthesizes at a higher rate to take more CO2 out of the atmosphere.
10. Use quadcopters to protect grass fed chickens during the day and night. They can make lights/sounds to scare predators away.
10 Ideas – Virtual Reality
1. Adventure learning where math, statistics, geometry can be manipulated right in front of you. You wouldn’t learn as you we did in classrooms, you could build things and the physics of the VR would let you test how things work. Then you could send something that you make to a 3d printer and see it in real time.
2. Money, items, reputation from online games like Final Fantasy and WOW are public in an online VR world so rankings of the whole community can be seen. A more interactive community of clans.
3. Record and upload your face and how it moves to the character you play looks just like you to other players online.
4. You can train pilots/surgeons for any possible scenario that can be imagined.
5. Now you can move your prosthetic arm with your thoughts. Could you connect an oculous rift and move around with your thoughts?
6. Explore the virtual rain forest or safari to see animals in their natural habitat. Explore any natural wonder of the world.
7. Age of Empires/Star Craft in a virtual reality. Go down on ground level and watch battles and zoom back out to move units around.
8. Virtual chemistry set to play around with otherwise dangerous chemicals.
9. Fly around earth like Super Man and turn back time.
10. Choose your own adventure movies where you can look around and see different things as the movie is happening. You could play the same movie over and over and always find something new to do.
10 Ideas – The Future In Space
1. Space conferences/retreats. Stay in one of the new huge conference centers. Maybe TED would be the company to do this.
2. Teams of contract scientists who run third party experiments in their own labs
3. A translucent globe filled with water to swim in or play the game from Final Fantasy XI
4. Mini space ship racing. Like go carts but they use compressed air to propel themselves
5. A whole new brand in the grocery store of Space Food. It would be verifiably cleaner, more nutritious, and more sustainable to grow than Earth Food. Space strawberries, space carrots, space greens
6. Hollywood will have offices in space for the new genre of space films.
7. One major cost of server farms is the they need to be cooled. Would it be cheaper to have a giant server farm in space that is just cooled by being in space?
8. Counters, computers or humans, who count and catalog objects in deep space.
9. The more people who are in space, the more accurately you can run medical experiments on a large sample size. This could lead to finding one kind of vitamin combination or nutrition regimen that solves a majority of health problems or could make humans stronger, healthier, smarter starting from a young age.
10. Spaceship Station Graffiti.
10 Ideas For Running A City
Here are the ten things I would do if I could make all the decisions for a city for a week. Lots of details are missing, these are broad stroke ideas. I have no experience or knowledge of running a city and would no doubt cause more harm than good, but it’s still fun to think about.
1. People in the city are encouraged to spend one day per month volunteering at an organization that reduces the carbon footprint of the city.
2. All skyscrapers become carbon neutral in 3 years.
3. The best scientists, engineers, doctors council decisions made by city leadership and are appointed by public vote. They all must agree to the rules of #7 and #8.
4. Marijuana, psychedelic mushrooms, LSD, and any other drug that my surgeon general advises me is not medically relevant or has negligible side effects are legal.
5. City colleges are free to those who pass entrance exams. If you don’t want go to college, you have access to technical teaching, schools that help you make money online, or programs to help international travel.
6. Really fast free wifi everywhere.
7. All money spent by government agencies is made public.
8. Mayor wears a 3rd party google glass that cannot ever be turned off and live streams what they’re doing. All government buildings have cameras that live stream through a 3rd party.
9. Free cool looking bikes available to anyone.
10. Public parks have cool lights at night so people have a place to go at night that’s safe and fun but doesn’t involve alcohol.
10 Ideas – June 8 2014
1. Nanorobots that scrub the atmosphere of CO2. When they are just about too heavy to keep flying they fly back to a solar drone that stays in the air for months at a time, drops off the CO2 block and goes back and scrub.
2. Glow in the dark bike tires
3. If all currency evolves to be p2p, would it be possible to have global city states and no federal governments? hyper local communities could solve problems unique to their situation instead of depending on broad federal law
4. Computer games where to goal is competitive cooperation instead of like Starcraft or Age of Empires, consumption and destruction
5. Shark Tank for green energy companies
6. Carbon neutral UN buildings
7. Tax break for white shingles
8. Can you 3d print leather?
9. Humans genetically modify their bodies so that we no longer have body odor.
10. Wearable tech feature that tells you exactly how much weight you lost at all times during the day and night.
10 Ideas – June 4 2014
1. There is evidence that writing by hand helps people learn better than typing the same material. Is this because most people tested grew up writing and learning? If someone grows up typing instead of writing, will they be more creative on a keyboard than with a pen?
2. Buildings that don’t have elevators because everyone’s self-flying drone will take them wherever they need and drop them off at the floor on the outside of the building. Maybe there are stairs if you need to get from floor 12 to 15.
3. Similarities between a stained glass window and a swim suit – both can be around during a baptism? Swim trunks with a stained glass design would look cool.
4. Books are currently the best way to convey long, complex ideas. They’ve been around since we could write. What will replace them? The computer chip implanted in your brain?
5. Tables with wireless chargers built in so your laptop wouldn’t need a charger at cafe or library.
6. Competitor to comcast and time warner crowd-sourced from the internet to sidestep all the net neutrality bullshit. Could take a while to set up, but could start locally in cities, could even be funded by city governments because they can actually get things done.
7. It’s common to see rivers next to power lines. A small durable device, that can connect to a transformer and provide a little power to the grid.
8. I had a penpal in 8th grade. A service that sets you up with a skype pal across the world.
9. A cash rich company that digitizes the DMV and gets paid over 10 years with the money that is saved by streamlining the process.
10. High school class on emotional intelligence that teaches men about women and women about men so we all at least have an idea of how to treat each other well as we grow up. Confront everyone’s social anxieties and questions in a way that is challenging but safe.
10 Ideas – June 3 2014
1. Tires that never wear down. Someone has come up with this but there is no doubt more money to be made off of new tires sales.
2. I’ve seen wireless cellphone chargers. Is it possible to have a high powered one on cell phone towers to charge everything with a better, even electric cars?
3. Shipping container ships that offer free voyage in exchange for grunt work during the trip.
4. A gas station that charges a bit more for gas but puts the extra money towards buying solar panels for the gas station and then for the surrounding buildings in the town.
5. There is a spray that prevents mud from getting on your shoes/clothes by putting a tiny layer of air or something on the fabric. There are videos of it. If it lasts for a long time, we should put it on cars and save water from car washes.
6. Device that takes a sample of blood each day and syncs with your wearable health tech to suggest the diet changes for tomorrow. Best used to reduce obesity?
7. Business that consults and improve people’s online dating account. Interviews them to write about them in the best light without lying.
8. Paint that changes color based on the season or the weather. Good for the northeast, not so much for San Diego.
9. Pay what you pay for health insurance right to a doctor who is motivated to keep you healthy. They will get paid regardless, so if they can keep you healthy, it frees their time up to see more people and get paid more.
10. A class in high school where you take a year off to start a responsible business. Grade is based on the money you make and the measurable benefit to the community
10 Ideas – June 1 2014
1. A scholarship that will pay for kids to travel abroad as long as they write a blog post about they helped one person each day. They are paid a flat rate for the post, and get bonuses on how popular the post is
2. When two countries want to have a war or something, the two presidents or whoever is in charge fight to the death instead of troops. If only the leaders were that brave.
3. There is evidence that some plants grow and mature faster in space. At some point, could we have spaceships that grow food and send it down to earth? Then we wouldn’t need as much farm land.
4. What will the first sports in space be? Laser tag like in Enders Game would be awesome.
5. Could we have a surgery that enhances small parts of people’s bones with carbon and things like to make them measurably stronger?
6. As religions become less popular, we see churches turn into community centers with speakers visiting, computers, books, learning centers, workshops where kids can build things. The sermon area could become a stage for people to perform.
7. What’s something tiny that could help people who live in an apartment save money? 80/20 of saving power in an apartment.
8. Phone alarm that makes you smile for 10 seconds before turning off so you can start the say off happy
9. Instead of sending supplies to areas that suffer from a natural disaster, will we be sending 3d printers?
10. How do you get into space without rocket fuel? What does an electric rocket engine look like?
10 Ideas – May 31 2014
1. One of the hurdles for virtual reality is to make virtual sex better than “real” sex. If you assume anything is possible, they’ll figure out how to do it eventually.
2. What free online tool lets you evaluate a market better than google keyword tool.
3. Similarities between a car key and a kitten. Both seem to find a way to get lost. You can put both in a purse.
4. Things coffee bars could do better: have standing tables, walk around and ask for refills, recycle, have ergonomic chairs or really comfortable chairs, not ones that look cool but are uncomfortable. Have lots of windows, big tables for talking and drawing. Tables that’s don’t rock.
5. Coffee bar with painting and drawing so people can get all coffeed up and then paint, and then all that art is there all time, new art that people can add to. What are coffee places doing right? Charging a good amount for something that makes the world better. Offering a democratic space for people to meet, offering wifi, coffee places are seriously my favorite things in the world.
6. Jawbone/fitbit should have a sensor that lets you know how many breathes you take in a day and how long the breathes were. Something to help you notice your breath and focus on it more during the day
7. I got a hair cut today. If stylists in the US wanted to make more tips take a few extra minutes during the shampoo phase and give a few extra scalp kneads. The people who do this in Thailand are fucking amazing.
8. Long glass tubes that go into the ocean so people could take strolls in underwater parks. You would need something to keep them clean, but that would be fucking cool. Think of a mcdonalds play house tubes, bigger, taking up like two square miles or something. How is that now thing? You could even grow corral on it. Or you could just take a glass submarine down or something. You would have to make sure it didn’t collapse, but that can be done. You could have the cleaning device just be something that surround the tube and constants;y moves back and forth
9. How come no is talking bout the astronauts who have had sex in space? It’s obviously happen and has probably happened today.
10. Instead of “Staff Only” sign on the door, it would be funny to see something like “Beware of Fluffy” with a picture of the three headed dog from Harry Potter.